Build a small static website
- Estado: Closed
- Prêmio: $100
- Inscrições Recebidas: 7
- Vencedor: dusanevipul
Síntese do concurso
I am looking to upgrade my ancient website.
I've created an approximate mockup of what I want in Wix; see [login to view URL]
I am NOT looking for an exact copy of that site. Just use it as a general guideline, and to copy my texts.
I'm NOT looking for you to deploy the site. Just deliver the html and css files to me, and I'll do the rest.
I will judge this contest by:
- Quality of the code. I should be able to easily make obvious changes to the website by modifying the CSS and/or HTML in clear ways.
- Quality of the website layout. The website should look clean and professional.
- Speed. I will favor quicker responses.
What I do want is:
- A low-key professional site, suitable for a software consultancy.
- Like the WIX mockup, the site should consist of a just a few pages, with a menu, texts, and simple artwork.
- The site should be easy to maintain, and should not rely on any exotic server-side technologies.
- Written in HTML and CSS. No Flash. Nothing complicated. Should work on all standard browsers, and all standard web servers. Should even work from a copy on my local disk.
- I'd prefer that the layout use Bootstrap, or a similar responsive framework.
Details that I care about:
- The text styles should be controlled by CSS, not out-of-control formatting in the HTML. For example, on the FEEDBACK page, I should be able to change all the text callouts from bold yellow, just by changing one place in the CSS.
- Several of the pages have multiple text boxes. For example, the six boxes on the SERVICES page. I should be able to add or remove boxes as I grow the site.
- I plan to change the site text regularly. The CSS should handle making the boxes and layouts fit, as I add and remove text.
Things that I DON'T care about, and DON'T want you to copy from the WIX site:
- The exact layout or colors. I'm looking for a low-key professional site. There's nothing really wrong with the Wix template, but it is not especially right for me either. I'd like a site with the same general sense, but I'm relying on you to come up with a nice tasteful design.
- The exact kind of menu.
- The choice of fonts
In all these style issues, please choose whatever looks best to you.
Extras. Things you can add that are not needed, but nice to have:
- Artwork. Feel free to enhance the site with clip-art or similar artwork. However, you MUST have the right to give me this art. It should be created by or be freely-reusable / public domain.
- Enhancements. If you can make the site look better, and still match my needs, that's wonderful.
Feedback do Empregador
“Excellent work, delivered promptly. Even when I discovered a subtle issue related to the copyright provenance of some of the artwork, the coder quickly found new and appropriate artwork for me.”