Create 6 UI decoration pieces for use in the HUD of a pre-alpha, india video game
- Estado: Closed
- Prêmio: $500
- Inscrições Recebidas: 7
- Vencedor: nole1
Síntese do concurso
We are in need of 6 UI decoration pieces to be created and used for the main HUD elements highlighted in the HUD reference image for a pre-alpha, indie video game. For an additional reference, a link to a similar UI is provided in the references section. The art deliverable must comprise of 6 individual pieces/areas:
1) A background that strategically/artistically covers (ie not just a rectangle shape) the red globe and 8 buttons in the bottom left corner; the highest point of this background should be no higher than the top of the 8 buttons (we plan to lower that button group a little more later).
2) A thin background, just high enough to cover the UI bar in the bottom center and have a simple and straight border edge above it, that goes between the bottom left and bottom right background pieces, but also blends in with those areas. In other words it should be wider than needed so that we can scale its width as necessary;
3) A background that strategically/artistically overs the white globe and the 4 other buttons in the bottom right corner; You can mirror the left background for the overall size and shape. We will resize and move the menu button within the open area of this background.
4) A foreground piece that provides decoration to the upper right corner of the mini-map. It can slightly overlap the with mini-map in that area. The decoration must use the same or related style as was used in the background pieces. It does not need to cover the globe itself, just a piece that would be placed on top of it in order to cover the corner. REF IMG=[login to view URL] (Not exactly like that, but has a consistent style with the other pieces)
5) A foreground piece that will slightly cover the red globe along its left side (in place of the woman's back in the other UI reference). This piece should be that of a flame and uses the same main art style.
6) A foreground piece that will slightly cover the white globe along its right side (in place of the woman facing forward in the other UI reference). This piece should be that of a biomass limb (ref = [login to view URL] - Tetsuo's arm but with smaller extending tendrils and nothing modern (ie no wires, metal, tubes, etc) ... ie only biomass looking), and uses the same main art style (bronze bas relief). Improved details about this piece ... basically the idea for it is to be a forearm and "hand" made from that biomass look, with the hand at the top.
OVERALL THEME / STYLE:
Use a dark toned bronze in a rubbed bas relief art style (see reference image). Any border, edge, and/or decorative shapes must be simple, neutral (no medieval, modern, or flower decorative styles) and have an overall realistic, hand-made look (ie not perfect, clean edges/shapes). The game has a time period of that around the late bronze age and has influences (but not exactly those of) of the native indians of the Americas (north, central-Aztec, and south-Mayan).
Our current HUD (see attached image) - the in-game image was taken at a resolution of 1600x1000; The highlighted area are for a general reference of the general area and do not represent an exact shape and/or size.
UI HUD from a similar game = [login to view URL]
Bronze Bas Relief = [login to view URL]
FINAL DELIVERY FILE FORMATS: PNG and TGA (Targa)
Feedback do Empregador
“I greatly appreciated his professionalism, presentation, and communication during this contest. I look forward to working with him again.”