Design a one page “internal google”, mobile and desktop version
- Estado: Closed
- Prêmio: $200
- Inscrições Recebidas: 15
- Vencedor: Pootnik
Síntese do concurso
For information, we will not close the contest before the ending day so do not hesitate to schedule and apply.
We would like you to design the UI of a search engine similar to Google but having some additional features (see bellow). Our goal is to give access to the most relevant information, as fast as possible to our users. The UI should be simple and yet powerful.
Use the attached graphic guidelines (see ”Branding [login to view URL]“ attached bellow). Following principles of Material Design ([login to view URL]) is much appreciated.
As the UI of Google, our search engine application should embed (see the attached picture):
- (1) The search bar
- (2) Some tabs
- (3) The information “584,000 results (0.32 seconds)”
- (4) The “did you mean” functionality (suggestions of similar search terms potentially giving more results)
- (5) The list of the results
We also need to display some other functionalities (not present in Google):
- Each result usually has a thumbnail (a PNG of the first page of the PDF, Word, Excel, etc. document displayed in the result). If the thumbnail is missing, a generic icon (e.g. the file type) should be displayed.
- Filters. Just as in some e-commerce search engines, our engine has additional filters (compared to Google that has only the top tabs to filter on News, Images, Videos, etc.). Examples of additional filters are : language, organization, date, file type, data source, directory, …
- The number of results per page (and the possibility to choose the number of result you want to display per page e.g. 10, 20, 50, 100)
- Different possibilities to view your results (gallery view / list view)
- More than one location : one result can be found at different locations (compared to Google where one results leads to only one link. In our search engine one result represents a document that can potentially be found in different locations because it was, for example, copied and found in two directories).
Good luck to you all!
Feedback do Empregador
“Dimitrije L. was the first one to answer to our contest. He was available to answer to our feddback and to suggest improvment.”