Design a Website Mockup for Fun Mac Software site.
- Estado: Closed
- Prêmio: $300
- Inscrições Recebidas: 16
- Vencedor: redundantdesigns
Síntese do concurso
TastyApps is an Indy Mac software site that has been around since 2006. The original concept was that TastyApps produces: simple, useful, pretty applications that don't break the budget. The visual analogy for "Tasty Applications" was "delicious food" - particularly treats (candies, cakes, cookies etc.)
Our original design had a photo-realistic, restaurant inspired theme - which I loved, however, it ended up not being flexible enough and we moved away from that design in favor of a (more flexible) custom Wordpress theme. The Wordpress theme, although flexible, is lacking any real personality and IMHO it does not reflect the brand of TastyApps as well as the previous design.
I have included the design mock for the original homepage design (as a PSD) that I would like the new design to be based on.
Some things to consider with this new design:
1. TastyApps will offer multiple products 10 - 15, but currently only offer a few 3 - 5.
2. I'd like to see the use of photo realistic elements similar to (or the same as) the ones we currently use (cookie, napkin, candy, receipt etc.)
3. I am pretty happy with the logo - the knife/fork combined with the "sketch style" word mark & tagline. I'd be open to modifications or different directions though.
4. TastyApps was essentially one page before that scrolled vertically and listed each app as (what we called) a "dish". We used a brushed aluminum texture underneath a more white/glossy top layer. Each "dish" sat on top of wood background. I'd like to see these (or similar) textures reused in the design. It really felt "Apple" to me. I know some design trends and aesthetics are changing. I would not mind the design updated to reflect that, as long as its not a dramatic departure from the original aesthetic.
5. We won't need the social sharing icons depicted in the original mock, aside from maybe a Facebook element somewhere on the page.
There are 2 mockups required as part of this submission, home page and detail page
Home page Mandatory Elements:
- Buy/purchase button
- Download link/button (trial download)
- App description
- App name
- App icon
- App price
- A persistent footer with links to (About, Contact, Support, Apps, Consulting)
The homepage mock should scroll vertically, listing all the apps. Each app however should have a "detail" page which focuses on a specific app. i.e. [login to view URL] . Our new site handles this pretty well IMHO.
Detail page Mandatory Elements:
- (everything from the homepage)
- Screenshots for that app (will open in an overlay)
- Link to FAQs for that app
- Link to forums for that app (we will probably use vanilla forum or similar)
- Link to a product video for that app (opens in an overlay, probably an embed from Vimeo)
- Link to a PDF manual for that app (downloads a users manual)
- Link to provide feedback on that app (will lead to a feedback form)
The current homepage design - which you can see at [login to view URL] was an improvement in terms of flexibility. However we lost that "feel" that the original [login to view URL] had. Your task is to combine the best of both. Flexible, yet with a with that fun "TastyApps" brand.
Deliverable: 2 PSD mockups (Homepage and detail page)
Good Luck !
Feedback do Empregador
“Redundantdesigns did a fantastic job - very talented & flexible !”
tbreslinsl, United States.