House deck design
- Status: Closed
- Prêmio: $250
- Inscrições Recebidas: 22
- Vencedor: FatmaAbuKhadra
Síntese do concurso
We've just built a 65+sqm deck at the front of the house with an in-built spa. It now needs to have cover over the spa, furniture layout and design ideas applied. Seeking skilled designers who can make this an amazing livable space. The photos show the as-is state. There will be a balustrade at the front of the deck.
What we are NOT looking for:
- Turning the deck into a new room eg. windows and roof. We want a livable outside deck area not a house extension!
We ARE looking for:
- Shade for the spa that looks cool - not just a sail slung up
- Some form of shade for PART of the larger currently uncovered area - not a roof though! Example: pergola or maybe a sail etc. No enclosed area.
- Minimalist design principles
- Scandi influence
- Plants and greenery - note: the location is South Australia. Plant recommendations are a bonus but they need to be appropriate to the climate.
- Festoon lighting (for parties)
- Indirect lighting (for just hanging out)
- Maybe a hanging chair?
- Water feature
- The design MUST match the house - the deck and garden should not look like badly thought-out add-ons. The house should look integrated with the deck
- The dimensions can be found in file Dimensions.jpg
- The deck is 13m long x 4m and 5.7m width depending on where it is measured (see file).
- The garden bed is a rectangle of 13m x 5m
Feedback do Empregador
“Fatima put a great deal of effort into the design task, and thought laterally. No hesitation in recommending her for design work.”