Write a fictional short story around the 1983 Soviet nuclear false alarm incident
- Status: Closed
- Prêmio: $75
- Inscrições Recebidas: 12
- Vencedor: ZainabM2
Síntese do concurso
Write a short story with next requirements:
- should follow guidelines of https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Short_story
- max extension 3000 words. It must be narratable out loud from start to end without boring/tiring the listeners
- previous contests had some posts that were like articles, study work, documentation, etc.
This contest is about fictional short stories. Please read carefully this description
- the story must be around and/or set in the 1983 Soviet nuclear false alarm incident
- there is a documentary about the event (links below)
But it's more centered in Petrov and his way to USA. Still, I think it's useful stuff
- Petrov is key in the event, but you are not forced to make him the protagonist of the story
- must be a mix of suspense, folktale, legend and mythology genres
- it must sounds possible, even if it contains fantasy, science fiction, paranormal, etc. Like a myth or legend
- H. P. Lovecraft short stories are a good reference of the type of story to write
Also, some creepypasta stories could be also used as reference
Plus, check our past contests to see the winner story and what we expect (link at the end and first comment)
- readers target: any person 17 years and older that understand English language
- must be narratable out loud
- no sexual content
- no abusive, obscene nor bad language
- no abbreviations
- no too specific country's words
- no grammatical, spelling, syntactic or semantic errors
- content related to love or romance should be minimal or zero
WARNING: entries with spam, copypaste from anywhere or not an original new story will be directly rejected and reported.
NOTICE: we will own the copyright of the winner story. The author's name will be included anywhere we use it.
After the contest' deadline, winner will be selected by originality and quality.
You have a month, be creative!
Feedback do Empregador
“This freelancer produced a good short story for my contest, and work with the changes after her post were awarded.”
Principais inscrições deste concurso
JHMartel United States
Painel de Comentários
Como começar com concursos
Publique seu Concurso Rápido e fácil
Obtenha Toneladas de Inscrições De todo o mundo
Premie a melhor inscrição Baixe os arquivos, é fácil!