I frequently use different PC's and always have the problem of maintaining a single set of favorites.
I am looking for a web-based utility that will allow me to maintain a synchronised set of favorites.
The mechanism I had in mind would be the following:
1. Hit a URL on a server, eg [url removed, login to view]
2. Authenticate the user.
3. Initiate the download of a small application / 'widget' that remains permanently in focus on your screen. When you mouseover the widget it expands to display your favorites (both links and folders. Hovering over a folder would display the links within the folder). This is clearly the hardest step - and in terms of technology, I don't know how or if it can be done.
4. If you click a link, the page opens in a new browser window.
5. The user may wish to add / delete / edit a link, and the widget should allow this. Any changes made would update the server side repository at that time.
6. Adding a link should be very user friendly. I envisaged dragging and dropping an icon visible on the widget, on to the web page you want to bookmark.
Notes: Performance is important. It has to appear as fast as using the favorites option in IE. This may mean storing a local cache of the links downloaded from the server - but the links must be deleted after the user session has finished.
Flash apps look good, so I would prefer if this utility could be written using flash technology, but this is not essential.
I use Java, J2EE, XML and web services. I would prefer these technologies to be used, because I can then attempt to maintain the code myself if necessary.
There should be the option of exporting the links. Probably in an XML format to allow easier integration with other apps.
I like to use open source software, so if an app server is required, that would probably be JBoss etc.
I'm open to ideas - I just want a very easy to use favorites synchroniser that is platform independant and doesn't need to be installed on every machine I ever use - hence a web app.
The transport mechanism must be http(s) using standard web ports eg 80, in order to work through firewalls.
I am aware that there is some complexity to this utility, so it may cost more than $100 - I have set the budget more in hope than expectation. Please bid even if you expect to exceed this amount.
I have added a document that includes a screenshot to help explain the project a little better - hopefully.
6 freelancers estão ofertando em média $81 para este trabalho
Neotech Solutions and securities Limited, an emerging name in the field of IT [url removed, login to view] love to work for you on this [url removed, login to view] can easily do tha project as we are havin more than 5 years of experience in IT Industry Mais