Explain the disproportionate number of urban street subcultures in LA, the "crisis" needs to be situated in a historical context. How did "gangs" begin, why did they start, where are their origins rooted. Present a historical analysis and describe events leading up to the late 1800s. Discuss how urban street subcultures (gangs) shifted from White to Ethnic, particularly in LA. Discuss how gangs evolved in LA (at this point the parameters are from 1900 to 1939) The bulk of the report will need to address the origins of gangs in America. You should dispel any myths, discourses, and ideologies of criminality associated with Chicano/a and African Americans living in urban communities. In addition, discuss particular laws, policies, and practices that specifically target or affected Chicana/os and African Americans which impacted the livelihood of these groups. Write the essay by researching, evaluating, and analyzing the readings.
Important guidelines to follow:
- Use the book "Rainbow of Gangs" by James Diego Vigil and Race, Police, and the Making of a Political Identity by Edward J. Escobar your primary and secondary sources.
- Also use The Zoot-Suit Riots: The Psychology of Symbolic Annihilation by Mauricio Mazon and East Los Angeles: History of a Barrio by Richardo Romo
- You may use additional sources but on-line reports will not be counted as text
- Use specific historical examples to support your argument
- Cite authors in quotes and use quotes succinctly
- 6 pages long MLA format
5 freelancers estão ofertando em média $121 para esse trabalho
Hi, you can review my profile to consider me for the assignment, I have relevant background and can provide high level of academic work in given timeframe...thanks!!