Students are expected to use academic journal articles. An indicative list of articles can be found in the textbook, but there are many other articles to be found. Wikipedia, Investopedia and most other websites are not creditable sources and should NOT be used as coursework references.
Write a 2,000 word essay on ONE of the following:
1. Assess the importance of institutional investors for financial markets.
2. Should retail investors invest in index-tracker funds rather than actively-managed funds?
3. Why do investment trusts often trade at a discount?
4. Are hedge funds suitable for retail investors?
5. Distinguish between defined-benefit and defined-contribution pension schemes. Why are defined-contribution pension schemes becoming more important?
The main textbook is:-
Edition Title Publisher Library shelf number
Keith Redhead 2008 Personal Finance and Investments Routledge