Date Due: Thursday 11th December 2014
This assignment is in the form of an INDIVIDUAL COURSEWORK ESSAY. You must select one essay question from the choice of three below. You must write between 1500-2000 words. Please adhere to this word limit and indicate at the end of your essay the word count. Any essay which is more than 10% off the word count will not be marked. Therefore the maximum word limit will be 2200 words. In addition, you will need to reference your work accordingly throughout and provide a full bibliography at the end according to the Harvard system. Please also adhere to the University Policy on Plagiarism. Furthermore, you will also be required to submit this through TURN IT IN. Only ONE submission will be allowed by the system from each candidate. You will not get a TURN IT IN report.
• Please make sure that what you submit to the system is your final submission as I can not amend the system to accept multiple copies of your work. Failure to comply with these instructions and to also miss the deadline will result in a deduction of 5 marks automatically.
• Please note, the TURN IT IN system can get very busy so please do not leave submission until the last minute. Plan your time and work accordingly.
1. ‘The concept of having a conceptual framework in accounting is useless’ . Critically evaluate this statement and provide examples to illustrate your answer.
2. ‘Imagery and metaphors have usefully shaped our understanding of accounting’. Critically evaluate this statement and provide examples to illustrate your answer.
3. ‘Knowledge and theory are embedded across the study of accounting’. Critically evaluate this statement and provide examples to illustrate your answer.