Let’s assume you are a team of financial specialists working for a large corporation. The company has made a profit of $ 200,000 which is distributed as follows:
1. One fifth of the sum is paid out to preferred stock holders.
2. One forth goes to common stock holders.
3. The rest is invested back into a company. One half is used to buy a new machine and the rest is going to be invested in securities. Be careful, you will have one condition here, P/E ratio of chosen companies that issued those securities must be higher than 5.
You have 8 weeks to bring in additional profit. Think carefully about how your portfolio should look like. Do not forget to consider all economic events that might influence performance of the companies on the market and overall mood of the investors.
Your investment project must be very detailed. You must explain why you have chosen all securities in the first place. You might be a conservative team or risk takers (be careful here though, your job is on the line), you might have read an interesting report that have shaped your selection. Make sure you name all reasons; it should be really explained in details as a brilliant job offer waits for the team winning this competition.
You are not limited by the number of securities you buy, but the portfolio should consist of at least 6 (each member picks 2). You are limited by the amount of money, by the requirements in this assignment and the time, only 8 weeks to go…
Here is a summary:
1. Compute the amount to be invested.
2. Think carefully about what to buy, ATTENTION - commodities and currencies are excluded.
11 freelancers are bidding on average $58 for this job
Hello. I have read your project details before placing my bid. I can assure you that I can deliver high quality work on time. I am willing to start immediately. Thank you very much.