You are required to write a concise report for a company from a consultancy perspective, identifying and analysing the business strategy and IS strategy for competitive advantage and/or organisational transformation.
The report must address:
1. the critical issues surrounding the integration and alignment of IS and business strategy
2. a critical evaluation of IS/IT investment, and
3. recommendation of a risk management strategy.
The report should be around 3,000 words (± 10%) long.
Focus of your Consultancy Report:
Before you can address points 1, 2 and 3 above, you need to analyse the company’s business strategy and IS strategy for competitive advantage and organisational transformation.
Then, you can address issues 1, 2 and 3 one by one:
1. Comment on the critical issues surrounding the integration and alignment of IS.
2. Provide an evaluation of IS/IT investment.
3. Provide recommendations for a risk management strategy.