Petroleum engineering design project
Product: Assignment Writing
Education Level: Undergraduate
Paper Length: 10 pages\5500 words (Single Spacing)
Deadline: December 9, 2014
Phase 2 of the petroleum engineering design project is split into two tasks:
[url removed, login to view] on the oil field you selected in Phase 1, you are required to discuss and justify the selection of the surface equipment for the separation and treatment of the produced oil, gas and water.
[url removed, login to view] a HYSYS simulation for the processing required to achieve oil, gas and water export specifications based on a set of production data.
??The report must not exceed 10 A4 pages not including the Title Page and List of Contents.
?Figures and Tables: must be numbered and titled (position: below figures and above tables).
?Font: Arial 11 or Times New Roman 12, single line spacing.
Structure of the Report
Title Page?List of Contents
Summary (1 page)
Introduction (1 page)
Surface Production (max 6 pages)
3.1 Block Diagram of the Surface Production
3.2 Oil-Gas-Water Separation
- Type of separator (2-phase, 3-phase...) - Configuration of the Separators?- The Number of Separator Stages
3.2 Oil treatment
7- Dehydration - Desalting?- Stabilisation - Sweetening
3.3 Gas Treatment
- Compression - Dehydration - Sweetening
3.4 Produced Water Treatment
- Removal of Oil?- Chemical Injection?- Disposal Equipment
4. HYSYS Simulation (max 5 pages) 4.1 Base Case
- Conceptual design of the production facility to achieve export specifications
- Describe the process and process control.?- Provide a table summarising the conditions and
composition of every stream in the process.
Carry out a mass and energy balance for all
components and every stream of the process.
4.2 Sensitivity Analysis
Discussions & Conclusions (1 page)
References (1 page)
Note :: oilfield is Don field