Technical Project Paper: Information Systems Security
Subject: Engineering – IT
Product: Assignment Writing
Education Level: Bachelor
Paper Length: 8 Pages\2200 words
Deadline: December 17, 2014
Due Week 10 and worth 150 points
Suppose Technical Project Paper: Information Systems Security
you are the IT professional in charge of security for a small pharmacy that has recently opened within a shopping mall. The daily operation of a pharmacy is a unique business that requires a combination of both physical and logical access controls geared toward protecting medication and funds located on the premises, as well as the customers personally identifiable information and protected health information that resides on your system. Your supervisor has tasked you with identifying inherent risks associated with your pharmacy and establishing strong physical and logical access control methods to mitigate the identified risks. 1) Firewall (1)
4) Desktop computers (4)
2) Windows 2012 Active Directory Domain Controllers (DC) (1)
5) Dedicated T1 Connection (1)
3) File Server (1)
Write an eight to ten (8-10) page paper in which you:
1. Identify at least five (5) potential physical threats that require attention.
2. Determine the impact of at least five (5) potential logical threats that require attention.
3. Detail the security controls (i.e., administrative, preventative, detective, and corrective) that the pharmacy could implement in order to protect it from the five (5) selected physical threats.
4. Explain in detail the security controls (i.e., administrative, preventative, detective, and corrective) that could be implemented to protect from the five (5) selected logical threats.
CIS 333 Assignments and Rubrics
2014 Strayer University. All Rights Reserved. This document contains Strayer University Confidential and Proprietary information and may not be copied, further distributed, or otherwise disclosed in whole or in part, without the expressed written permission of Strayer University. CIS 333 Student Version 1144 (1099 3-20-2014) Final Page 25 of 30
5. For each of the five (5) selected physical threats, choose a strategy for addressing the risk (i.e., risk mitigation, risk assignment, risk acceptance, or risk avoidance). Justify your chosen strategies.
6. For each of the five (5) selected logical threats, choose a strategy for handling the risk (i.e., risk mitigation, risk assignment, risk acceptance, or risk avoidance). Justify your chosen strategies.
7. Use at least five (5) quality resources in this assignment (no more than 2-3 years old) from material outside the textbook. Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as quality resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the students name, the professors name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
Explain the concepts of information systems security as applied to an IT infrastructure.
Describe how malicious attacks, threats, and vulnerabilities impact an IT infrastructure.
Explain the means attackers use to compromise systems and networks, and defenses used by organizations.