I have a fully designed and implemented MS Access database with the following characteristics:
- Approx 25 tables
- Approx 30 Forms
- All tables are related, indexed, etc...
- Some VB coding exists for handling forms
- The tables are straightforward (designed using only the table editor in Access)
I have the following requirements
- Convert the tables to MySQL (or other appropriate database as recommended by successful bidder)
- Link the MySQL table to the MS Access GUI that is already designed
- I don't have much familiarity with MySQL, so will need support/advice on how to install/deploy/manage it in relation to MS Access
- Will need advice on how to best configure project in a small business that us MS Windows Home, with simple folder sharing. (i.e. is dedicated server necessary? Can it be run in a multi-user environment under this configuration, etc...)
- The conversion will need to make considerations for how it alters the behavior of forms accessing the tables. If there is an issue, the forms will need to be modified to meet the new behavior of MySQL.
- Will need to add a security configuration for multi-user logins, where different users have different permission profiles.
- Some very minor changes to table configuration may need to be done (such as splitting a table into 2, with a 1-to-1 relationship because each table has different security requirements)
Some notes on this project:
- This is a critical business application, reliability is critical.
- If outcomes is of high quality, looking to enter into a longer term partnership to support future design enhancements to the product.
- The MS Access database will be provided to the successful bidder