This position as for an assistant to the lead marketer of a large international blog network. This position requires a very high standard of English skills, a good grasp of the internet, and a strong ability to solve problems.
**Who Will You Work For?**
As part of the position you will be working directly for the founder, lead marketer and manager (that's just one person) of a successful and rapidly growing online publishing company.
(you will be expected to do most of the following, although there will be opportunities to specialize if you express particular interest and talent in a certain area)
- Writing basic articles
- General online research
- In-depth research which may require phoning people, asking questions in forums, and emailing companies and specialists
- Basic image editing
- Basic webmaster skills including uploading files, editing basic HTML, setting up email accounts, basic CSS editing.
- Blogging skills including making posts, adding images to post, categorizing, formatting and tagging.
- Spam moderation, including moderating forums, comments and other user generated content.
- Conversion analysis including using Google website optimizer, setting up tests and applying changes or new tests based on results.
- Data entry including working with Excel
- Travel arrangements
- Taking part and contributing to online communities including forums, social bookmarking websites (like [url removed, login to view])
- Creating mini sites
- Writing Press Releases
- Implementation and management of an email subscriber list.
- Setting up and using various web promotion software
- Market research\Keyword research
- Basic editorial roles such as checking for broken links, correctly formatted posts and correct spelling and grammar.
- Finding companies and individuals to hire
- Understanding and implementing Search Engine Optimization
- Monitoring website statistics
- Helping build relationships and network with other business owners, journalists and bloggers.
Full training will be given, although a degree of initiative is expected. The exact work you carry out will depend on your interests, skills and experience.