We are using an amazon ec2 windows 2008 server. We have to install for 3 websites a ssl, but have only one ip. As I found out we need specific IPs for each site – then installing ssl should be no problem.
But how to get more IPs for each site? Changing from DHCP to static IP result in not reaching the server again (pass 1/2)
Basically you should give me a step by step description. If possible, I will do the most myself, but furthermore we should make a webconference (screensharing) where we can go through all relevant steps and check if all settings are ok. (should be done in 1 hour). Before starting the project we can also make a short webconference to check all details.
Description of the actual situation:
• We have at the moment a windows server 2008 with an elastic ip
• Server: [url removed, login to view], eu-west-1b, we are using NO VPC, (Select “Launch into EC2-Classic) – do we need a vpc?
• There are 3 websites – [url removed, login to view], [url removed, login to view], [url removed, login to view]
• At the moment we configure about bindings to reach the specific site in IIS 7
• We need for each site install and ssl - certificate
• The installation of the first ssl was no problem ([url removed, login to view])
• The second was a problem, because we have only one IP Address on the server
• To add more SSL, I need separated IP – from here, how to add additional IP’s it is not definitely clear
• Do I need more elastic IP’s from amazon?
• Do I need a VPC from Amazon? (I think so)
(I have also already tried to setup a vpc-ec2, but had problem connecting with remote desktop)
Furthermore we are looking for someone who is expert in amazon webservices (cloud balancing, ...) and can support our system. (And for selecting spam bidder from serious bidders please tell me the shortcut of the amazon relational database system - 3 letters ;-)
Project should be done end of next week.
thanks for your bids
Hello, professional system admin with 14 years of experience. Expert in servers. AWS solutions architect. Let me know if you need my services. Answer: RDS best regards sudhan senior system admin
14 freelancers are bidding on average $57 for this job
ssl certificate is not bound with the ip address. ssl certificate is bound wuth the url. So if you have different urls you can install ssl on all the sites with the same server same ip. I can help you in this.
If i understood your requirement correctly then you just need to install SSL certificate on your 3 websites which are hosted with 1 ip on a Amazon EC2 instance. As per example you have [url removed, login to view], [url removed, login to view] and [url removed, login to view] Mais