We are working on an augmented reality app for iOS & Android using Vuforia and Unity3d which will enable the user to select from five models and then display them using the 'User Defined Target' (UDT) toolkit and process in Vuforia as seen here [url removed, login to view]
We have been able to build the project to date using Playmaker, NGUI and using NeatPlug for Unity3D and custom scripting in C# but have hit upon a snag.
We require someone to be able to integrate our GUI functions into the AR scenes and overcome the issue of not being able to integrate the GUI functions within the UDT.
We began using the Vuforia UDT Sample but when we want to integrate our GUI functions with the Vuforia GUI functions and use our own we found we could not call our functions at the correct time, so our GUI would show upon the AR scene being live and not at a later point.
We wish to make use of the popups that instruct the user how to use the App, then when the ARcamera is ready for use, our GUI functions appear. So we need a custom ARcamera.
The output we need is a scene which we can replicate within our build so that we can further build around it. We can supply graphics for GUI and an overview of how the AR experience will be built.
The AR scene will need the following;
1. On selection of a model (previous screen) the ARcamera scene will load up and the standard Vuforia tutorial GFX will be displayed - See [url removed, login to view]
2. We will want to change the Vuforia GUI buttons with our own style GUI buttons
3. After tapping through the tutorial, the standard screen for taking a Userdefined photo will be actioned.
4. Once the model (AR) is visable our GUI will appear on screen with the following options
- Take Screenshot (without GUI showing)
- Save Screenshot to Cameraroll & SD card for iOS and Android and stay full screen
- Share to Twitter & Facebook (using Neatplug is a time saving option)
- Menu button for returning to previous scene for model selection
- Effect Button will open four further options on screen which will have particle effects added to the scene
5. As described above, we use Playmaker for some of the grunt work and we would need to call any actions from a Playmaker FSM. See [url removed, login to view]
We are open to ideas of how you would deliver a solution as we have exhausted our solutions, be it a script, scene or whatever.
This is our first time posting a job and would appreciate a good working relationship with whomever we work with which can lead onto other projects in the future. We are a very busy developer, however we are bootstrapping this project and resources are tight.