**- every 1 hour
1. incremental backups of all databases
2. sql to send email confirmation
**- each night
1. full backup db (to local folder on server)
2. full backup db's transaction log (to local folder on server)
3. truncate transaction log (I'm not sure if I need to do this, but websites often display an error saying that's a website's database's transaction log is full) **I need this to stop happening.
4. sql to send email confirmation
5. check database integrity (I think this is a built in maintenance feature)
6. re-build indexes (I think this is a built in maintenance feature)
I basically want to 2 "maintenance plans" to schedule as jobs that will follow the best practices listed here:
<[url removed, login to view]>
I will have skype on my machine, you will call me on skype and I will display the server's desktop and you will explain to me how to set this up. This should take about 1 hour.
server: Microsoft SQL Server Web Edition (64-bit)
version: [url removed, login to view] SP1