your task will be to build a modification for the standard Eqiva EQ-3 bluetooth Door Lock
The modification shall work on a arduino
(here a instruction page: [login to view URL] )
So the new door lock will be usable via WIFI and via tasmota.
(Also the old path via EQ-3 and BLE + the bottons/switches shall be workable as a last resort if the arduino fails to respond))
- find in a shop for a standard case or a 3d-printed (resin) case fitting on the left or right handside of the EQ-3
- the case needs to have a storage for the batteries matching to EQ-3 (holding 3xAA 1.5V alcaline or NiMH)
- you buy the hardware and you assemble it to one unit
- the new case shall have a higher capacity battery as the current EQ-3! (either add more or replace with a better like LiPo)
- suggest us the proper hardware
- the modification of the eq-3 needs to be done in that manner that the difference is not to see if you look at the door (of course the width or height can change.
- a hard (all data erased to defaults) and soft reset functionality via a button or similar hardware solution
- wires need to be placed in such a way, that they are not or hardly visible
- battery needs to be easy to replace or easy to replace to charge (no skrewing wished)
- you provide us the sources of your orders
- you provide us the 3d models if you use a printer
- door lock needs to have still all features
- users still need to be unique to identify
- trace the usage of the users into a rolling logfile
- it is okay that arduino needs to be wifi connected as initial setup
- wifi setup has to be idiot proof
- deliver the software based on tasmota (or recommend similar) to make it OTA updateable
- deliver a very small UI, so unexperienced users can login with their userid+password and lock+unlock the door
- tasmote & UI shall be working behind https encryption
- bill of materials
- source code
- instructions to create binaries
- PCB sources if required or build
- case model if molded or printed
what is not needed?
- voice commands. We will integrate them in a later phase of the project (not in this job)
you cannot access the EQ-3?
No issue, share us a corresponding profile cylinder door lock to the EQ-3 which you can obtain locally. We are fine also to redecide for a different device (but must be attachable to a profile cylinder lock with a manual opening option, so users can get out in a emergency and a defective lock/battery)
- if you need the hardware to buy, we will file the money as a milestone. On delivery to us, you get the milestone released
- after you have provided videos with the proves that it is working accordingly, we will file you a milestone for the shipping. So you get the money for the shipping itself after delivery (use insurance delivery, so nothing can get lost)
for working progress
- you create us a video where you share us the working environment. Based on this, we will release the according milestones
What is our budget?
we do not disclose our budget nor planned hourly rate. Offer us your best bid.
This job is created with a placeholder budget/rate. So ignore our rates/budgets and post your best bid.
Do not wait for our availability here. Just answer, just ask or just reply.