t's a draft for a research paper. You have to create a thesis statement and create a outline to organize whatever information is relevant to your research. Things like history, influence and examples come to mind. You also need to find at least 4 relevant scholarly sources to cite in the draft.
basic requirements are as following:
1. 1. Research Question/Thesis Statement
2. 2. At least 4 scholarly sources.
3. 3. At least 2 pages of written text.
4. 4. 2-3 pages with bullet points detailing the remainder of your paper.
you may choose a topic from the list:
Art H 120
Asian Art and Architecture Fall 2013
Dr. Madhuri Desai
A Selection of Suggested Paper Topics
1. Urbanization in the Indus Valley
2. Imperial Models and Mauryan Art
3. Religion and Mauryan Art
4. Aniconic Imagery in Buddhist Art
5. Kushan Art and the Buddha Image
6. Compare the Gandhara and Mathura Styles of Buddhist Art
7. Imperial Cities in China
8. Buddhist Art in China
9. Models in Indo-Islamic Art
10. Buddhist Art across Asia: Influence and Transformation
a. South Asia and China
b. China, Korea and Japan
c. South Asia and Southeast Asia
11. The Mosque in Persia and Northern India
12. Court culture and Painting in China in the Tang period
13. Religion and Painting in China in the Sung period
14. Evolution of Temple Architecture in South Asia
15. Evolution of Temple Architecture in Southeast Asia
16. The Taj Mahal: Influences and Innovation
17. The Great Stupa of Borobudur
18. The Temple Complex of Angkor Wat