Outcomes Assessment requirements
On successful completion of this unit a learner will: To achieve each outcome a learner must demonstrate the ability to:
LO1 Understand how principles of support are implemented in health and social care practice 1.1 Explain how principles of support are applied to ensure that individuals are cared for in health and social care practice
1.2 Outlines the procedure for protecting clients, patients, and colleagues from harm.
1.3 Analyse the benefit of following a person-centered approach with users of health and social care services
1.4 Explain ethical dilemmas and conflict that may arise when providing care, support and protection to users of health and social care services
Understand the impact of
policy, legislation, regulation, codes of practice and standards on organisation policy and practice 2.1 Explain the implementation of policies, legislation, regulations and codes of practice that are relevant to own work in health and social care.
2.2 Explain how local policies and procedures can be developed in accordance with national and policy requirements.
2.3 Evaluate the impact of policy, legislation, regulation, and codes of practice on organisational policy and practice.
Understand the theories that underpin health and social care practice 3.1 Explain the theories that underpin health and social care practice.
3.2 Analyse how social processes impact on users of health and social care services
3.3 Evaluate the effectiveness of inter-professional working
Be able to contribute to the
Development and implementation of health and social care Organizational policy. 4.1 Explain own role, responsibilities, accountabilities and duties in the context of working with those within and outside the health and social care workplace
4.2 Evaluate own contribution to the development and implementation of health and social care organisational policy
4.3 Make recommendations to develop own contributions to meeting good practice requirements.
Method of Assessment: Summative. The module will be assessed by an individual summative written assignment 1st of July 2013 and is worth 100% of the overall grade. Details can be found on the assignments evaluation sheet.
• Barnard, A: Key Themes in Health and Social Care: A Companion to Learning
• Basford L and Oliver S: Theory and practice of Nursing: An integrated approach to caring practice
• Evans, S: Community and ageing maintaining quality of life in housing with care settings. Bristol: Policy Press.
• Henderson, E. S., Martin, V. and Charlesworth, J: Managing in health and social care. New York: Routledge
• Holland K and Hogg C -- Cultural Awareness in Nursing and Health Care: An Introductory Text (Hodder Arnold, 2001) ISBN: 0340731338
• Lishman, J. (2007) Handbook for practice learning in social work and social care: knowledge and theory. London: Jessica Kingsley
• Stretch B and Whitehouse M -- BTEC Level 3 National, Health and Social Care: Student Book 1 & 2 (Level 3 BTEC National Health and Social Care)
• Webb R and Tossell D -- Social Issues for Carers: Towards Positive Practice, 2nd Edition (Hodder Arnold, 1998) ISBN: 0340706252