The aim of this assignment is to assess your knowledge and understanding of the topic together with your ability to produce a written report and communicate relevant information and concepts.
YOU ARE REQUIRED TO ONLY WRITE ABOUT THE ENVIRONMENTAL EFFECTS FROM PESTLE IN THIS REPORT ABOUT TESCO FOOD WASTE. THE ARTICLE IS ATTACHED AS A FILE.
• Produce a report 2500 words long.
The word count does not include citations, references, bibliography or appendices
• The article used will be attached as a file, and other relevant information to help you complete this report will be attached as a file.
• The purpose of the report is to ‘Outline how changing external influences affect organisations’. The articles should be selected on the following bases:
a) they identify a change in the environment
b) discuss an organisation with respect to this change.
The report must clearly explain the environmental change referred to and justify the actual or anticipated effect of this change upon the organisation.
• Produce your report in a clear structured way. Follow this format:
- The second page lists the contents of the report. It should identify each article by reference to its title, newspaper used (with date), reporter (if given) and page number.
- The third page of the report must contain an introduction to the business environment in the UK and PESTEL, plus any additional theory contained in your report.
- Subsequent pages contain the findings of the report. Each news item covered in the report should be identified with a clear heading followed by an explanation of the case and the PESTLE factor (ENVIRONMENTAL), plus analysis and evaluation, where possible. The higher marks are awarded for work which is analytical and evaluative.
- Your work should have a conclusion which highlights the more important elements discovered in research.
- On the last page of the report, list references for the citations used.
- The final section is the appendix in which the cuttings of the three news items are filed, in order and numbered.
- The appendix must also contain a log of the meetings held, in the execution of this work.
What should you include in your report?
a. Clearly summarise the information given in the article, from the perspective of
the firm. Consider how an external change has, or may, affect the organisation.
b. Introduce any extra information that you think adds to the summary and analysis.
c. Credit is given for relevant terminology and theory that you introduce to help your analysis.
Tesco - Environmental (because of environmental campaigners)
This should help with task of identifying changes in activities of the organisation.