We want to add a great content writer to our team who can produce one bylined article per week on influencer marketing strategy.
THE TYPE OF CONTENT WE WANT
We specialize in publishing heavily-researched, data-driven long-form posts of 2000+ words on social media and influencer marketing. We are big on numbers, strategies, data, and trends.
TO APPLY to this position, the criteria is simple but totally required. This is my official first-round vetting tool. Respond with...
* Link to your LinkedIn profile
* When you can start
* Some brief bullet points about your social media experience, writing ability, writing style, and any influencer marketing experience you might have
* A link to some of your bylined writing
* A link to your website
* A link to your Instagram account
Our posts cover topics like...
- How To Amplify Your Influencer Campaign With TikTok Marketing
- What Affects the Rate Influencers Charge for Sponsored Posts
- What Makes X Buy (substitute X for Boomers, Gen Z, Millennial Moms, Millennial Men... whomever)
- How To Build An Influencer Campaign For Clicks and Sales vs Brand Awareness
- 30 Creative Ways to Work with Influencers to Boost Your Sales
- How to Improve the ROI of a Holiday Campaign
Not really high-brow, jargony stuff... but our content definitely could be if we wanted to la-di-da things up a bit.
Speaking of la-do-dahing things up...
Our posts are replete with stats, but it's not dry by any stretch of the imagination. So, we need you to produce the kind of content that's packed with enough meat to literally be repurposed into 50 other pieces of content (that's some else's job though, so no worries) without ever losing our voice of being super-effective (even if a little irreverent) marketers.
To be a good fit for this position, a writer should be...
- Active on social media
- Comfortable receiving feedback
- Comfortable making changes/additions in a timely manner (every post is edited before being published)
- Comfortable having your content edited, reorganized and perhaps even rewritten in some sections
- Knowledgeable about social media culture
- A good researcher
- Someone who has an ear to the ground in the #SMM space... and ESPECIALLY as it relates to a post you're writing (be aware of what's happening/trending as you're writing because your post could literally become irrelevant before you finish writing it)
- Willing to post your content to your social media feeds
- Okay with us cross-posting to social media
- Great at communicating ideas and imagery with words
- Excellent English PLUS - and this is a BIG'UN - mastery of colloquial writing
We'll tell you how well your post is performing on the site as well... even letting you know how your keyword ranks on Google and how much traffic your post generates to the blog and how much engagement it's generating on social. #yw
Okay. That's it. Send us your rate and links to your bylined work, and we'll get this part started (because content marketing really is like a party for me). If you're curious, you can check out the attached ebook/article to get an idea of the type of content we'd want created.