5. What could Save the Children from abuses, address the problem? Why would these measures be appropriate?
- media/press to pressure central and state governments to implement policies more fully (e.g. mandatory registration of institutional care facilities, more training for police and welfare staff)
- need autonomy of workers in state commissions so no conflict of interest
- work with local NGOs who are in a better position to get local support (e.g. Childline and NGOs offering post abuse counselling and care)
- Put posters for child rights groups in child institutional residences
- Education programs on sexual abuse in schools should be mandatory.