1. Select an existing business of your choice or propose an idea for your own venture. Provide background information about the business and explain what kind of data the business needs to collect and analyse, to generate useful information so the business can operate more efficiently and economically. Explain how the business would benefit from information created and knowledge kept in their information system. Refer to knowledge as a valuable asset of the business. (500 – 750 words)
2. Sufficiently describe knowledge requirements of the business and select an information system that would be the most suitable for the business (or describe in sufficient details information system the existing business is currently using). Outline knowledge management system requirements and how would you go about designing, developing, and implementing the system in your business (or describe in sufficient details implemented knowledge management system of the existing business). (500 – 750 words)
Note: This is a bachelor level assignment and you will be marked also on:
• overall presentation of the report (e.g. formatting, cover page, table of context, etc.)
• structure of the report (e.g. headings used, flow of information, etc.)
• quality of the report (e.g. language used, arguments presented and discussed, etc.)
• conclusion of the report (e.g. summary of the presented information, conclusion, recommendations made, etc.