We have a web site called [url removed, login to view], but it is old and out dated. We need a complete overhaul from scratch with new features. We sold most of our database, but will also need the few members in a mysql database and their poetry transfered to the new creation.
Here's the concept we are going after this time.
1. The main home page needs to attract visitors, with an easy to navigate login and registration page. We created this test site, but even this site needs improvement but should give you an idea. [url removed, login to view]
2. On the main page, we will need a poem randomly chosen and displayed from the database, along with a news feed related to that poem.
3. The main page should also have an area for members to register, and a place for publishing companies to register.
4. When a someone registers, we need an affiliate tracking method created. The system needs to send that member an email with two web site addresses: 1. So he or she can log into their back office, and 2. A unique affiliate URL that they can email to all their friends and family members which includes their profile, poems, pictures, horoscope, their selected news feeds, and a unique area for their family and friends to register to the web site - in which the new member will be signed up under them and they will receive 50 percent of the revenue with our company receiving the rest.
5. The back office will allow the member to view his or her down line, send messages to their down line, modify the look of their web page with different news feeds, updated pictures, add new poems, search for and or date other poets, and or display their favorite links, and check messages held on the server from other members and or other visitors. (We need a mechanism that will have them coming back).
6. Every unique web site or we would call affilaite web page given to a new member, will have products from our [url removed, login to view] affiliate so that we can earn small commissions. THe member should have a way to designate what product banners are displayed on his or her page (electronics, jewelry, clothing etc).
7. Our back office must allow us to create email messages and send them to select members, and or all members. Instantly or through a cron job. We also need access to the database with the ability to modify, add or delete members and their submissions, and search the database of members as well - those with pioctures, single, men, women etc.
8. When a new member registers, they need to be asked for the email addresses of up to 10 friends and be told that for every friend that registers, we will enter them into a raffle to win a chance at $40,000.00 if all 10 friends register, they will receive 10 chances at winning $40,000.00
9. The site needs to have all the functionality of [url removed, login to view] and [url removed, login to view] but streamlined, improved, and with a much more attractable user interface. The new site also needs to have multiple ways to attract new members, and bring them back.
10. The system also needs to email new members when they join, thanking them.
11. The system needs to also email existing members when they post a new poem, giving them words of encouragement and selling them on services or nudging them to show their poem to others by emailing their friends their unique affiliate url.
12. The system needs to randomly email existing members encouraging them to view a compatable poet or member (as previously set up by them in their profile regarding the kind of member or poetry they are seeking.
13. The system needs to monitor in activity and send a series of messages to a member instructing them to log into the system within 30 days or their profile and poetry will be deleted.
14. When registering there needs to be two fee structures. 1. Is free - allowing them to create a profile and receive a unique affiliate web site, but preventing them from posting messages to other members, and or from reading messages from other members, 2. a $9.95 per year membership which allows them access to an online forum, they can post and read member emails, and they can search the database for poetry and or members that fit their criteria.
15. Any other ideas are welcome.