This project is to make two specific adjustments in a website.
1) SQL Creation
The first is to create a SQL select query to a MSDE database. The query will run into a table containing real states info. Each row is equal to a real state ad. The query must be able to:
- Return rows from 'imoveis' table;
- Return 8 rows (real state ads) at a time;
- Return random rows (each time must return different 8 ads);
- Rows must meet a column restriction (where tipo LIKE 'Destaque');
- Within the 8 returned rows, there must not be two or more from the same ad owner (column 'anunciante' contains the ad owner id and must be unique within the 8 returned rows)
2) AJAX Drop-down auto fill
The second is to AJAX power a search form. The search form is composed by 3 interdependent drop-down lists. Two of those lists are filled from a database (the same as the first adjustment) and need parameters from the previous one.
The first drop-down contains the available states (27 hard coded options).
The second one contains the available cities within the states chosen in the first drop-down (the query is "select distinct city from imoveis where state = 'first option' order by city).
The third contains the available neighborhood within the city chosen in the second drop-down (the query is "select distinct neibor from imoveis where city = 'second option' order by neibor).
The second and third drop-down is already working passing the parameters with page reload. This adjustment is to make it work without needing to reload the page.
The site uses ASP 3.0 with MSDE Database.
I will provide more info to the selected user.