SHOULD ATLEAST KNOW ASSEMBLY LANGUAGE FOR CORTEX-M3 AND
• A simple model of a computer system
• Processor architecture
• Instruction set architectures. Machine instructions and data types.
Main focus is on the ARM Cortex-M3, lesser on x64 and ia32.
• Representation of numbers, strings, structures, code, etc.
• Memory organization: How numbers, pointers, arrays, strings, code,
etc., are stored and accessed in assembly and C.
• Boolean algebra and bit-level manipulations
• Integer/float representation and arithmetic
• Introduction to Arm Cortex assembly
• How compilers translate C constructs to machine code.
• Writing assembly language for the Cortex-M3
• General Purpose I/O
• Procedures: stack, subroutine call and return, recursion
• Arrays and Structures
• The memory hierarchy
• Virtual memory.
• Comparing C and Java. Virtual machines