Project Name: Voice File II
Objective: Develop a System with the following capabilities. Most likely, off-the-shelf technology will work.
Timing: Time is of the essence. This project needs to be functional ASAP.
Create Signup Page:
1. Our hosted server accommodates mySQL (if needed).
2. We will need to upload to server 10 digit account numbers.
3. There will be 12 different categories of account numbers.
4. Each category will be billed at a different monthly price.
5. Create sign up page. We may be able to use our existing signup page and then edit as necessary. [url removed, login to view]
6. When customer signs up, he will be assigned an account number from one of the 12 categories.
1. A large number of mp3 files will arrive by email or via FTP.
2. Each file will have a filename that contains the date, time, account #, and file length. The file format looks like this: [url removed, login to view]
3. Multiple employees, with internet access will need to retrieve the voice files (maybe via web login). It would be better if they can just “listen” to the voice files without be required to download to desktop.
4. Ideally, the employee will be able to adjust the speed of the voice recording (slow-fast).
5. Employee will listen to the voice file and transcribe the recording. Ideally, the typing will occur directly onto the server. (typing the file on the local desktop is an option, but not preferred, as this will then require an upload back to the server.)
6. When the file is typed, the mp3 and the text will need to be emailed automatically to the customer. (the email address will be a field on the signup form.)
7. The user will need to be able to log in to his account via a webpage, with his account # and a PIN.
8. Upon logging in, customer will need to be able to see /hear all text and voice files for the current month / past month.
9. In addition, customer will need to be able to edit his account profile, email address, credit card #, etc., and see his billing activity.
10. Statistics will need to be placed into a table for billing: Name, account #, number of voice files, length of voice files, number of words typed (if possible), voice file name, etc.
11. Billing will be done through authorize.net.
Note: While the above description may not be complete, it does provide a general outline of the objectives. We are open to suggestions and comments.