I have a large collection of MIDI files that I'd like to have recorded into high quality (ideally, lossless) WMAs. These are all GM/GS files and this is a project for someone who has a good MIDI/VST/sound module setup and can deliver high quality output with minimal effort.
I'm not looking for someone to put these files through a batch converter, but for someone with a good knowledge of your studio and sound samples, each song shouldn't take more than 20-30mins of work.
Aside from the fact that I'll need you to mute the melody line in each of the tracks that I supply you with, there is no actual editing of the MIDI file required (unless you opt to do so to improve quality).
This is simply a project that requires taking the stock standard GM/GS sound assignments and re-mapping them to better sound (potentially non-GM) patches in your setup.
I'd like to start with 10 MIDIs, and we can go from there if that project is successful. I'd like folks to contact me with a bid on what this work would cost (ideally on a per-song basis) and I've attached a sample of the type of MIDI files I'll be supplying you with. Attractive bids will include a sample of your work, ideally based on this file (which will count towards one of the ten). I don't plan to go for the cheapest necessarily - quality of recording is important.
I'll provide a ZIP file with the 10 MIDI files, and I'll have you place the completed work on my FTP server. Responses to bids should list the gear they intend to use in their studios, along with any relevant background in MIDI or studio work.
The sample MIDI uploaded sounds like this when run through my equipment:
[url removed, login to view]
The job will be awarded to bids who can equal or exceed this quality.
1) Complete and full fidelity song files in WMA-lossless form, uploaded as directed to my FTP server
2) The coder shall have NO rights to implement, distribute, share, sell, rent, give away, or otherwise broadcast the work made for hire (WMAs).
3) The coder shall not have any rights per 3) to any of the materials developed in the process of making the deliverables.
4) All deliverables will be considered "work made for hire" under U.S. Copyright law. Buyer will receive exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, GNU, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site per the coder's Seller Legal Agreement).
* * *This broadcast message was sent to all bidders on Tuesday Oct 2, 2007 9:00:10 PM:
Hi Folks: I've uploaded my rendition of the sample MIDI I attached to this bid here: [url removed, login to view] The winning bid shall render WMAs or MP3s at equal or better quality than this. Cheers, Dave.
Content should be encoded in either:
1) Windows Media Audio 10 Professional in full resolution
2) Windows Media Audio 9 Lossless
Should play back in Windows Media Player 10 and 11, and be able to be imported into Cubase4.