I wrote a song, and I’m pretty proud of it considering it’s my first attempt. I recorded it on the limited version Ableton Live 8 I have. This means the number of plugins, tracks, effects, etc. are inadequate because of the software. You can just imagine how amateur the sounds are. Also there’s the fact that I’m still in the beginning stages of learning DAW and recording and stuff.
Yeah, it might sound like I do not know what I’m talking about (that very well may be true), but here’s where you come in. I want you to polish my song, or more to the point, turn my crappy mess of tunes into an actual song.
By the way I just got Live 9 – full version. I was thinking I could re-record the tracks separately without any effect and send them to you so you could do your magic with it.
Here are some thoughts:
1. I record the guitar tracks, bass track, and vocal track myself.
2. I record at home with the equipment I have: Scarlett 2i2, Vox SDC-33 guitar, Ibanez bass, Samson Q7 dynamic mic with pop filter. Incidentally my room is untreated.
3. The drum tracks were mapped using Live’s built-in drum rack. It might be better if this were rearranged – I have to admit I am no drummer.
4. I think your task will primarily be to add plugins and effects, to correct each track’s EQ, clean the transitions. The rest I leave to you, so long as the end product is awesome.
5. Please do not revise lyrics and melodies and harmonies outright. I’m open to ideas though. So if you have them, just consult them to me first.
6. I can send you the original recording for reference.
That’s it, I think. It would be great if you can help me out. Any music producer worth his/her salt will find this project very easy. I look forward to hearing your ideas.