I need market-research around mobile apps (iphone, android, windows mobile, ec.).
- What were the hottest 25 mobile commercial apps in the last 12 months (for each mobile os/platform)?. What are the business models behind these apps and describe them. How does the owner earn money from the app (revenue model)? And how many downloads have been done and how many users are there? Apps that are provided for free and do not have a revenue model attached need to be excluded.
- What are the top 25 hottest Location Based Services apps (read; apps integrating the GPS into the functionality for its functioning/service) and describe the business model related to those apps. Describe the earning/revenue model for those apps. How many downloads and users are there? Apps that are provided for free and do not have a revenue model attached need to be excluded.
- What are the technical capabilities and limitation for GPS related apps, especially when looking cross platform (iphone, android, etc) and compatability. What is technically possible with GPS / location based services and what not (including the accuracy of locating the phone/person by platform and phone).
- What are the top 10 apps that received venture or private capital funding in the last year? List them and describe their business and revenue model.
- Are there location based services apps (GPS apps) for dating services? Please list and describe these apps in terms of function/feature/functionality and how and where they are currently used. Please describe their business model and earnings/revenue model. How is the GPS used as part of the service?
- What are future direction / trend that are diagnosed or recognised? Especially around new technologies like combining technologies like GPS, Bluetooth and the Camera in smartphones. What are the newest apps that they expect to be the promising 'next thing'? Any other information about the trend of the App market is welcome (e.g. take-up of users / downloaded apps / forecasts, etc.).
- Screenshots of the apps to be included where possible. Both Android and iPhone and other available operating systems need to be covered.
- To be delivered in Word or Powerpoint (it should not be a copy-paste project from the internet, but a neatly categorized and structured research report is expected).