Looking for a complete port of the iLBC Codec (RFC3591) [url removed, login to view] to be utilized on embedded chips, specifically the dsPIC chips from Microchip.
Port should NOT be a simple C conversion which compiles, but actually take the working supplied C code as provided in the RFC, and port the dsPIC utilizing the MATH and DSP functions/libraries intrinsic to the chip for ultimate reduction in cycles required to process data.
Conversion should be done in such that speed and memory utilization are optimzed fully.
Product should be developed utilizing MPLAB IDE and the free C30 compiler from Microchip.
We require all the rights to the converted source code.
Basic Requirements shall be as follows:
1. Code shall use FIXED POINT Math in all instanced where applicable.
2. Utilization of both MATH and DSP functions inherent in the dsPIC shall be utilized where applicable (scaling, etc)
3. Code shall be properly documented
4. Target chipset shall be dsPIC33FG128 with 8k SRAM
5. Processing shall be near real time with minimal delay as CODEC will be used for real time communication.
6. Sufficient MIPS utilization so that additional component code for buffering of I/O data to external D/A-A/D converter, Ethernet, or UART can be added.
7. Source code shall be provided in C format, assembler sub routines shall be provided if utilized
8. CODEC shall be demonstratably operational utilizing built in SIMULATOR of MPLABS (Free from Microchip)
Source Code delivered upon each stage
1. 30% - Straight C version of CODEC operational in MPLAB SIMULTOR utilizing FIXED POINT MATH
2. 20% - Encode (PCM -> iLBC) utilizing MATH and DSP functions
3. 20% - Encode and Decode utilizing MATH and DSP functions
4. 20% - Optimization of all routines, fully documented - BETA
5. 10% - Final Release/Customer Acceptance
Project timeline to each phase should be submitted with each bid, so to better understand your requirements for meeting deliverables.