This project is to update the operating code for an electronic stimulator device designed in the mid 1990s for a small company seeking to update the equipment. Project is to analyze source operating code and to clean it up, update it and salvage as much as possible for use in new microcontroller. Write new code for updates as needed.
To be effective at this job you will need good experience in the following:
* Be an embedded program system engineer used to working with hardware and firmware interfaces
* Familiar with C
* Familiar with assembler language also used in this code for lower level functions
* Familar with the old Zylog Z-80 processor which is what was used with this code
Because there is extensive work into creating this code and most of it is in C+ we hope and expect that most of the code for LCD interface screens and functionality can be salvaged so it does not have to be re-written from scratch for the new processor.
We have not selected the new processor yet, but are considering a newer Zylog processor with more memory and capabilities. Once the code is analyzed we would welcome a suggestion for this.
If you believe you have the qualifications and availability for this project, please send information about your experience along these lines.
There will be several phases to this project:
1) Discovery phase - analyzing the old code to estimate time requirement for job
2) Cleaning up code for use in new processor
3) Writing new code as needed to work with new processor
4) Installing in new processor, testing and debugging
To receive the code to analyze contractor selected will need to sign a NDA.
13 freelancers estão ofertando em média $1177 para esse trabalho
What compiler are you using? I can help you with the gcc / z88dk-bin. I can analyse the assembly. Am crack c++ programmer. Never programmed the zx80. [url removed, login to view]
Hi I am an embedded sw developer having exp with C and assembly. I have worked on micro controllers, processors and RISC processor based boards. regards Rajam