I need a custom virtual print driver that will print to PDF, upload the resulting PDF file as POST data to a web server (along with a few other pieces of data), and then delete the generated file. The basic application flow should be something like:
1. User selects "Print" in any application
2. User selects our custom driver from the list
of available drivers
3. User fills out 4-5 fields on a simple form
4. User clicks "upload" on form
5. Software creates PDF
6. Software uploads PDF and data entered in step
3 to a web application
7. Software handles application's response
8. Software displays appropriate message to User
Please let me know if you have any other questions.
Please note--the web application is already built. We just need the driver development.
THIS IS NOT A WEB APPLICATION. We need a custom print driver/desktop application built. It should run in Windows XP/Vista (earlier versions would be a plus).
A few more clarifications:
Output shouldn't just be an image saved as a PDF--it should be a text/images/etc inside a PDF. I imagine that the best way to do that is thru PostScript. Basically, the output should be very similar to something like PDFCreator but then after the file is created it needs to be sent as HTTP POST data to a URL.
The documents will be English/Spanish/French -- no Asian fonts, etc. But they will contain images.