I have a web based point of sale system for a salon that I created and would like to get the functionality of it converted to a native desktop based application. Ideally, I would like for this application to be platform independent and developed in Java. However, I am open to other options as well. This point of sale currently interfaces with a MySQL database and I would like to keep it that way. The web based system has unique front-ends for each role (customer, stylist and management). This windows based application will only be created for the stylist to manage and checkout customers. This application must be created with touch screen in mind. On top of the currently functionality, I would like to build the following:
1. Add support for typical POS hardware including cc swipe, barcode scanner, cash drawer, pin pad, signature pad..etc (I know there are libraries available for .NET, Delphi & Java)
2. Add credit card processing by integrating the processor API along with a creditcard swipe
3. Add the ability for the system to manage giftcards/gift certificates (I can show examples of what I'm talking about)
4. Add barcode reading functionality for product lookup
5. Integrate a USB based cash drawer open functionality upon complete transaction.
I am looking for a very knowledgeable .NET/C#, Delphi or Java developer with previous Point of Sale experience that not only knows his/her stuff but can also make recommendations as how to further improve the system. The developer must be willing to setup a remote meeting to show me demo of what he/she has done in the past for verification of their capability. Also, developer must be in consent to sign a non-disclosure agreement prior to discussing any details of this project.