I need a small application (prefer as VB.NET) to search database and display documents, as indicated by the record. Then, it should display the matching documents.
Here is the high level spec.
There are 4 fields in the file:
1. Account Number (12345;55555;34248)
2. Customer Number (ABC123;AAA999)
3. Policy numbers (E807026;E807027)
4. DocumentPath (C:\My Document\Temp\[url removed, login to view])
The application should search for matching account number, customer number, policy number. It should allow for ((?) fix character wildcard search, (*) full wildcard & exact match).
• Fix Character allows user to enter a question mark (?) for any character that he/she isn’t sure about
• Full WildCard Search allows users to do a full wild card search, regardless of the number of missing character.
• Exact match allows users to search by exact match. Note that the filed contain multi-value, separated by semi-colon. So the search will be a wildcard search (value start/end with optional semi-colon “;” ignoring any blanks).
After the search completes, users get a list of matching search.
AccountNumber CustomerNumber PolicyNumber DateTimeStamp DocPath
12345;55555 ABC12345 E807026 05/07/2009 16:14 C:\[url removed, login to view]
12346 ZZZ999;A3;B4 E807027 06/07/2009 16:14 C:\[url removed, login to view]
The users click on the record, then the application display documents, as specified in the Document_Path field. The document is in PDF format. Database will be in Microsoft-Access.
If there is no match, the user gets the message. There should be a refresh button to allow user to enter new search criteria.
I will send file and sample record detail to bid winner. The bidding price includes the source code, which will become my property after the completion of the project.
Sorry, there was an error in the budget. I expect this to be a very easy application and have very small budget for this project ($30 - 250).
I will be closing this project and setup a different project. If you are interested in bidding, please go to http://www.elance.com/projects/C-C-Java/SQL-Search-utilties-display-results.html