I am looking for a anit-spam software the description of software is as follows.
We are developing an antispam project. Unfortunately NO programmer has been able to complete the first phase so far...
We need an automatic layer intercepting... Scanning... And releasing/blocking email messages at protocol level (POP3/IMAP/SMTP). This should work with Win 95 - XP.
The layer should automatically intercept all email traffic caused by any email client (Outlook, Outlook Express etc.). It's similar as Norton Antivirus that scans incoming and outgoing emails for viruses (without interfering with the email client's settings).
The idea is to have an antispam filter that can be installed without the user needing to change any email client settings etc.
Ok to get some things more clear.
The exact software I need:
Working on Windows 95-XP
Supporting POP3, IMAP, SMTP and possibly HTTP Mail (Hotmail)
Currently there are already proxy solutions. The main disadvantage here is the configuration of the system. First the email client needs to connect with the "local host proxy server". The "local host proxy server" needs to know the mail server details to retrieve the email.
This system should work on a lower level. It should be installable with "one-click". NO email client modifications should be necessary. It should be working at protocol level and therefore be compatible with all kinds of email clients (like Outlook, Outlook Express etc).
What I do not want.
- Retrieve the emails from the Inbox of Microsoft Outlook
What i exactly want,
- Monitor network traffic for POP3/SMTP/IMAP connections
- Intercept all these connections and redirect their traffic through the antispam application
- Block certain messages according to a set rule
- Release all other emails to their original destination
- Our desired program works at network/protocol level and is therefore independents of what email client is used
- Our desired program works with NEW data (incoming and outgoing) instead of old data
- Our desired program has the ability to analyze, block and release emails at protocol level.