I need an application which can upload and download saved games from any workstation to and from a server.
This is going to be used in an internet cafe. The server software will be installed in a local area network server, while the client software will be installed in the local workstations.
This will support multiple users. Meaning, a particular user on a workstation will need to login and his login credential will be validated by the server. Also, each user will have access only to his own saved games.
Initial games among others will be half-life 1, warcraft, etc. There will be around 5 games initially. The programming of the games should be module-like so that other games that has the same saving mechanism as existing ones can be added in the future without modifying the server or the client software. Only will the software be modified when the saving mechanism of a particular game is different. Also, when a modification is necessary, the programming should be designed such that only the server software needs to be modified.
Specifically, here's a specific usage: An internet cafe user opens and logs in to one workstation. His login will be validated by the server. If his login is succesful, the client software will have a menu of available saved games that he has uploaded previously to the server. He can then choose which of these saved games to download. So, when he runs the particular game, for example half-life, then he will be able to see his previous saved games and continue on playing them. After he quits playing, he can upload the now modified saved game/s back to the server, which he can access and play when he comes back to the café on a different day.
The workstation uses DeepFreeze, so the current version should not worry much about overwriting previously saved games in the workstation.
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Deliverables must be in ready-to-run condition, as follows (depending on the nature of the deliverables):a) For web sites or other server-side deliverables intended to only ever exist in one place in the Buyer's environment--Deliverables must be installed by the Seller in ready-to-run condition in the Buyer's environment.b) For all others including desktop software or software the buyer intends to distribute: A software installation package that will install the software in ready-to-run condition on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) All deliverables will be considered "work made for hire" under U.S. Copyright law. Buyer will receive exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, GNU, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site per the coder's Seller Legal Agreement).<BR>
4) A software installation package for the server and a software installation package for the clients.
6) The server and client software should be efficient and uses as little hard disk space, memory and cpu resource as possible.
9 freelancers estão ofertando em média $1243 para este trabalho
Hi. We are very familiar with .NET2/C# and have serveral projects experience about network&database .So we have all the capabilities needed to satisfy your project and ready to go. [url removed, login to view] regards.
Hi, Very serious and reliable french software engineer, with extensive experience in client / server solutions. I can provide CV and work history on demand, thank you for your attention.