I would like to build a Windows Desktop Alerts Application which will work
with a Remote MySQL server and will check every few minutes for new Alerts
and retrieve them to the desktop while presenting them in a Popup Window on
the client machine.
- Required Windows Competible Installation .EXE (98/XP/NT/Vista)
o Without .NET Framework Requirment.
o Without Relaying on 3rd party software.
o Uninstall must be included.
- Each installation requires a valid Key in order to operate (Key = MD5 of an e-mail or similar)
- On the first operation, the local MAC address of the client will be extracted and will be sent
to the server and will be stored next to the pre-assigned key.
- The client will have to re-authenticate each time using the Key + MAC Address before each query.
o If authentication is succesfull, the client will retrieve the latest Text Alert (if one exists).
o If the authentication fails, the client will recieve an Custom Error message.
- The application will support Text Alerts via Popup Window and Sound(Optional).
- Will support Window appearance timer selector (10 sec,15 sec,30 sec,60 sec and Off)
- Will Support data retrieval (after auth) from XML/HTTP every (60 sec, 3 min, 10 min or "Right Now")
- The application will keep a local Log of all the previous alerts for viewing with an option to "Clear Log".
- On Minimize, the application will be sent to "Tray".
Client Menu Features:
+ About (text + website url + version info)
+ Window Close Timer
- 10 secs
- 15 secs
- 30 secs
- 60 secs
- Off (No Alerts)
+ Add to Windows Startup
+ View Log
- Text Window
- "Clear Log"
+ Help (Redirect to URL)
+ Quit (Close Application)
That's all Folks!!!