It's a porting project from Linux to Windows
Originally written for Linux (C/C++ + Qt + boost).
And the software is under GPL.
I'd like to have the software for WindowsXP.
Please refer following URL and post your PM.
Original Site: [url removed, login to view]
Source code available: [url removed, login to view]
The whole porting must be done in 3 to 4 month.
* NOTE I: I'm NOT going to commercialize the result.
It's a research purpose. It will be used internally in our organization. If it is released then it would be also under GPL license.
** NOTE II: If you can build the equivalent software from the scratch on similar budget, let me know.
======== NOTICE ===========================
1. Linux to Windows Porting
1.1. Basic Porting and demo version (1st demo)
- Based on the original source code (http://grail.cs.washington.edu/projects/rotoscoping/), porting and developing standalone Windows application
- While you must use original algorithm(especially on Rotoscoping), must fix bugs and provide better solutions for the best performance
- You must use the matching Win32 resources to those original UI and the core libraries used
(for example, although Microsoft is not provide “Boost” library, it supports many optimized functions Also, some of Qt/Gtk functions can be substituted by matching native Windows UI toolkits. However, MFC or higher toolkits must not be used as possible since they take many resources. We recommend using pure Win32 API as possible)
- 1st demo on Windows must meet 85% of its original applications performances and features.
(However, algorithm and the application results must meet 90%. Slight UI changes to meet the Window UI allowed)
1.2 Final version
- 100% matching Win32 application
- Basically maintain original UI but you can improvise for Win32 UI components
- We need communication module that enables the application to talk to a service server for uploading/downloading/sharing and loging in/authenticating
(We want the Window application can upload the results to a server directly from the application UI)
2. Implementing the Final version
- Must implement the core module so that the original algorithm is fully applied
- Must implement feature modules so that new functions can be added as plugins or external DLLs
- Must provide all the documents (including software architecture diagrams)
1. Client Software
1.1 OS: Windows 2000/XP/Vista(32bit)
1.2 Language: C/C++ (Visual C++, GCC and other related libraries)
- Video Files (Same as the original)
- Video inputs from Webcam or other external devices
- Extended Features: Input from Google Video or YouTube video files (file transfer needed)
(We need to perform the rotoscoping on these video inputs and save them as local files)
1.4 Networking with a service server
- Login and authentication for initiating the server communication
- Uploading and downloading between the service server and client software (Windows ported application)
1.5 adding more plug-ins in the future
- Need SW architecture for future plug-ins such as special effects filters
2. Server Components
2.1 Platform requirements
- IIS + MSSQL + ASP.NET(C#) + AJAX
2.2 We need community service similar to YouTube
2.3 Network API for connectivity between client Rotoscoping SW such as upload/download/share
2.4 Backend server modules should be based on COM/COM+
19 freelancers estão ofertando em média $1311 para esse trabalho
Not sure you know but GPL software cannot be used for commercial use. We can help you write equivalent software than can be used commercially. Tim
Of course writing from scratch is possible but is matter of another [login to view URL] is for porting. I don't believe work will continue so long but I know man should predict all possible cases. Best regards
Hi, I am gone through your requirement and have checked the website and source code briefly. I am interested in doing this project. Please check PMB. Thanks.
Plese check PMB for accurate and cost effective software solutions. As your requirements are extended, I need to increase the bid amount. But still, I can develop all your requirements in max. 3 months.