Hi, I'm looking for a experienced Mac programmer to take on this project. The programmer needs to be willing to provide daily progress updates via email regarding the progress of the project. Payment will be made in full via PayPal after the project is completed and I verify that the end product is as it should be. Basically what I'd like to be made is a program, or perhaps a extension whichever is necessary or maybe even both which can load the original Moire: [url removed, login to view] nativey in OS X, open up the screensaver configuration, and run the screensaver natively under OS X based on the settings configured for the screensaver from the screensavers control panel. Manipulation of this software should be done through the System Preferences (thus this should be controlled via a central control panel) Preferrably loading of classic screensaver could be done and take effect without having to reboot but if needs be a reboot can also be done. This wrapper needs to support every attribute of Moire except for the run on shutdown feature for which support can be omitted. I do NOT want a clone of the screensaver, I want a reliable program/extension which can run this screensaver exactly as if it was running in MacOS 9 or below (aka classic MacOS) so that no features are sacrificed, the only feature that can and should not be supported is the run on shutdown feature (e.g. the when the feature is checked to be enabled or disabled nothing happens, it simply does not take effect).
Also note that I selected Linux as the OS because it's the closest match to MacOS X in the drop down menu, this program should run in MacOS X 10.4 and up and preferrably all lower MacOS X versions as well. In addition after the project is finished I expect to receive the full source code of the program/extensions/control panels.
* $100-300 budget
* Daily updates via email on project progress
* Final source code and binary received as usual once I pay you in full via PayPal
* Moire control panel appears in System Preferences
* The control panel is actually linked through the wrapper and when opened, the wrapper opens the Moire control panel in OS X System Preferences
* The preferences will not be changed, this is simply a wrapper that allows the screensaver to run natively in OS X (and will not support run on shutdown, that option will have no effect enabled or not)
* I expect for this program to be coded as good as possible so that the screensaver runs as much as possible just like it was running in MacOS 9 or below (classic MacOS)
* The program should be compatible with MacOS X 10.4 and higher as well as all lower MacOS X versions (if possible, please let me know if it is not without sacrificing performance or other important factors in the operation of this program)
* The program should come with easy to understand instructions on how to install it
NO bids higher than $300!