This project is to add Graphical User Interface to a bespoke language interpreter. The interpreter is developed and needs to be extended to provide GUI which is based on the Prof-UIS graphics library. Overall the solution should be very similar to Visual Basic.
The following elements will be required:
- Displaying information via Menus, Forms and Reports
- Allow the forms to be designed via Form Designer / a demo designer with limited functionality is provided with the graphical library/
- Allow the reports to be designed via Report designed similar to the Form Designer.
- Allow the menus to be designed via Menu designer similar to the Form Designer.
- The language interpreter supports database objects and these objects should be available for use in the forms and the reports /grids and fields from datasource/. It should be possible to specify complex datasources from more than one table for the forms and reports.
- Allow the user to interact with the Forms i.e. allow programming the events behind each form element
- Programming the events handling should be done in the interpreter language - for example if we have a class MyClass1 already defined in the interpreter and if we create a button on the form, then it should be possible to overwrite the OnClick event for this button and to write new code in it using the interpreter, which can call MyClass1 if required. This should work very similar to the Visual Basic or MS Access event handling for form objects.
- The solution should be integrated to use script editor based on the BCGSoft – BCGEdit. This component is already in use for writing the class scripts.
- All forms, reports and menus should be stored in a database in the same way the current language interpreter stores classes, tables and fields.
The current code is written in MS Visual C++ for Windows and the GUI integration should also be written in MS Visual C++.
18 freelancers are bidding on average $2933 for this job
Hi, We have experience in GUI programming in Win32 platform. Please allow us to do this project. Feel free to ask any further information of details about us.