Seeking a very simple CD burning application which burns a single file to a CD in either audio or data format. Very critical is that the application have the ability to burn an EAN/UPC code to the disc, as this is required for certain proprietary CD players with which this app will be used.
Linux/Mac support strongly preferred and worth some extra money to us, but we can accept a Windows based solution. Small and easy download/install is critical, as this is a customer-facing product and our customers are not exactly rocket surgeons ;)
Needed is a very simple CD burning application. The application must do the following:
1. Go to a specified URL and download a "configuration file", which it must then parse (this basically takes the place of a full CD burning UI). The URL will be obtained by entering a "serial number" into the UI; the "serial number" will then be passed to an API on our Web site that will return the "config file" as a reply. You'll do an HTTP post to [url removed, login to view], and that reply will either be the text of a config file, or "Invalid serial number." We'll write the PHP side.
2. Download a single MP3 from a URL provided in the config file.
3. Give the user the option (via UI) to burn the MP3 to a CD in audio format or MP3 format.
4. Allow the user to select what drive letter to burn the CD on, and burn it in the format described above.
5. Burn a UPC/EAN code to the CD if indicated by the config file. (the actual EAN to write will be hard-coded into the app and will be burned if indicated to do so)
Sample config file is as follows:
mp3=[url removed, login to view]
We'd really, really like this app to work cross-platform on Mac and Linux machines, and will pay extra for this capability, but can accept a Windows-only solution for now.