OC Systems (OCS) is looking to establish a long term relationship with
multiple developers to assist in evaluating and testing our soon to be launched product. The successful bidder will have a good familiarity with the RedHat SOA Enterprise Platform and be able to run test applications
that exercise the SOA platform (on Windows and/or Linux) and also the
We will accept bids from one or more coders on this task and then
decide to continue depending on the results of this first task.
OCS is developing a product to track transaction performance across
enterprise applications. Tracking begins at the web browser and
proceeds through all levels/tiers of the web application. OCS is
focusing on applications hosted on the JBoss stack on Windows and Linux.
OCS is looking for programmers familiar with JBoss-hosted web applications
- provide a test environment with an existing browser based J2EE
application running on Apache and JBoss Middleware. The test environment
must contain a Windows workstation with Internet Explorer that will be
used to make requests against the application running on Apache / Jboss
on a Windows or Linux backend.
- install the OCS product the test environment, installations will occur
on all machines; i.e. Windows or Windows and Linux.
- execute a generic test script that is independent of the test application.
a) install the tool
b) exercise the test application using Internext Explorer
c) collect the generated data
- record configuration of the test environment and application versions. For example,
Frontend: Windows XP / Vista / 7 with IE 8.0, backend: RedHat Linux 5,
Apache [url removed, login to view], JBoss 4.3.0
- record results of the testing, note and describe any errors or problems that occurred
in any phase of the process, and note any suggestions for improvement.
OCS is looking to test against multiple versions of Windows and distributions of Linux; i.e.
XP, Vista, Windows 7, RedHat, CentOS, Ubuntu, etc...
OCS will use the evaluation information to help build a matrix of supported
platforms and applications, and to find bugs related to platform or application versions.
OCS expects the evaluation will take 2->3 hours to complete.
Preference will be given to users that can provide a test environment containing
a Windows front-end and Linux backend.
Follow-on work may be awarded to users that provided multiple test platform configurations
including varying Windows Platforms and Linux Distributions.
Follow-on work may be rewarded to users to provide or build additionally complex application
environments including Clustering and Application Server remote procedure calls.
** Statement of Work
This is a more formal statement of what is expected. We are not
really this formal once you get to know us ;)
OCS will provide:
- OCS product download pacakges for Linux and Windows.
- OCS product installation directions
- OCS product evaluation directions
Contractor will provide:
- Windows computer XP, Vista or Windows 7 with Internet Explorer 7 or 8
- or Windows (front end) with Linux backend.
- Linux 32-bit or 64-bit. Contract to suggest distribution of Linux to be used.
- Redhat, CentOS, Ubuntu, preferred but other distributions will be considerd.
- Java 5 or higher
- JBoss 4.x or higher
- Apache 2.x or higher
- Existing browser based J2EE application running on Apache and Jboss
Contractor will do:
- installation of prerequisite software (to make the test run)
- installation of OCS product
- use OCS product on contractor provided application, following generic test script.
Contractor will produce:
- a description of the system and software versions used for the testing
- an evaluation of the OCS product installation process reporting any
problems encountered or suggested improvements
- an evaluation of the OCS product applied to the sample application,
reporting any problems encountered or suggested improvements
- the collected data files from the evaluation