I am looking for an experienced C++ developer to implement a 'proof of concept' demo. This project involves modifying the sources of cron - to create a new executable. The new executable will reads the crontab data from a database table in a postgreSQL database.
It is very important that you are familiar with writing C/C++ client applications that integrate tightly with PostgreSQL. You must also be familiar with using BOOST libraries (ASIO for process management and torjo for logging).
For an experienced C++ coder, this project could be completed in a few hours. I have set the project deadline to 3 days to err on the side of caution, and also to allow enough time for testing.
The main functional requirements are:
1. crontab expressions are stored in a db table (a column for each field)
2. modified cron executable reads the database table at startup
3. when a scheduled job is due, the app launches a process (for now a dummy app) and returns immediately, i.e. does not wait for the launched app to complete
[url removed, login to view] modified cron app must respond to NOTIFY commands from postgresql to rescan modified crontab table data when the crontab table entries change or are modified
5. Logs jobs being launched to a file, using torjo
**<[url removed, login to view]> http://wiki.pentaho.com/display/ServerDoc1x/05.+CRON+Expressions+in+Detail?showComments=false
<[url removed, login to view]>
Note: The (dummy) launched application will write to the same log file as the modified cron app
1) All deliverables will be considered "work made for hire" under U.S. Copyright law. Employer will receive exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No 3rd party components unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the employer on the site per the worker's Worker Legal Agreement).