I am looking for an experienced C++ coder who is experienced with embedding Python in C++ applications. You must be experienced with using the BOOST library.
For an experienced C++ coder, this project could be completed in a couple of hours. I have set the project deadline to 3 days to err on the side of caution, and also to allow enough time for testing.
This project involves creating a LIGHTWEIGHT application with an embedded Python engine, so that it can can run python scripts. The application will be launched by another process, so it needs to be very lightweight so it is inexpensive to launch.
The main functional requirements are:
1. The? demo is a? lightweight process that can be launched quickly
2. Use BOOST torjo for logging
3. Be capable of running complicated Python scripts (that load additional python modules etc)
4. Should check return code after a script has been run to see whether the script run successfully or not (e.g. the demo app should not crash if? there are? syntax errors, run time errors etc in the Python script)
5. Use BOOST filesystem for file I/O (loading script)
<[url removed, login to view]>
<[url removed, login to view]> [url removed, login to view]
The demo application will be run like this: appname python_script_filename Where python_script_filename is the name of the python script to run
Note: High level embedding is sufficient for this demo project. The demo app simply checks the return code from PYRun_* to check whether the script run succesfully or not. All error handling/reporting will be in the script itself.
1) All deliverables will be considered "work made for hire" under U.S. Copyright law. Employer will receive exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No 3rd party components unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the employer on the site per the worker's Worker Legal Agreement).
Cross Platform / Linux (Ubuntu)