We are wanting to get a Navigation system developed for use in our line of products. The system needs to operate on Windows XP and preferably Vista.
We are asking for expressions of interest from experienced developers or companies to build the navigation system.
Our products are developed with C# and would like the navigation solution to be developed using C# or VB.NET.
The components we see that are a part of the system are: Mapping Display, Vehicle Positioning, Geocoding, Route Calculation, and Route Guidance. Although we have some designs and ideas about these aspects and how they are integrated, we would like to see a proposal to implement these features and integrate them.
There are multiple difficulties we see that may arise during the development. These include:
· Storage of map data in some processed manner aiming to reduce storage size while maintaining high performance. We have raw data in the form of TeleAtlas Shapefiles and GDF but we need it in an optimized and compressed format.
· Determining the shortest path using the map data in an efficient manner.
· Geocoding and reverse geocoding.
· Determining the vehicle position (the address) taking into account GPS inaccuracies and overlapping roads (and overlapping parallel roads).
· Maneuver restrictions and maneuver determination.
We are happy to consider 3rd party components within the proposal, subject to any licensing requirements.
If you are interested in this project, please send us a message describing your experience in GIS and navigation and what you can offer t this solution. Once received, we will send a larger specification to you describing our requirements. Given the size of this project, the first step would be to commission a feasibility study document with some detailed design work.