Do you want to help develop a new audio & video streaming platform to be used on some of the finest audio systems in the market?
If you have been involved or interested in projects such as Squeezbox, XBMC, Plex, Icecast, or others, you may be the person we look for. We look after YOU that is into this as profession but also with personal interest and passion. We can accept candidates to work from own location, but a startup of 2-4 weeks at our main office in Norway is needed.
Typically, you will be working on tasks like the following:
• Programming real-time Linux systems on x86 and ARM, interacting with audio and video streams under a set of constraints.
• Implementation of networked systems, from IoT to network streaming and firmware update backends.
• System-level programming using the most appropriate language for each individual case. This ranges from small services to provide platform specific information, to a large application providing audio and video capabilities.
• Extending our current audio and video platform with new features and functionality, including improving the existing software architecture.
• Discovering, suggesting and prototyping new solutions and technologies to further the platform.
• Relevant degree in computer science or embedded systems, with a focus on software development. Business and management related subjects are a plus.
• Thorough knowledge of hard- and software architectures of different platforms and software designs.
• Experience in several languages, including C, C++, and Python
• Experience with high-level software (e.g. python, Qt, etc) and user interface implementation. Experience with web-based user interfaces is a plus.
• In-depth knowledge/experience of Linux, especially user-space. Working knowledge of kernel-space is a plus.
• Working knowledge of various embedded standards, like SPI, I2C and I2S, or the ability and willingness to learn about these protocols.
• The ability to work with and guide a multinational and multi-disciplinary team.
• Minimum 5-10 year experience. In some cases, we count personal interest and coding on private initiative as experience. We look special after you that start with coding even before you went to university.
and here is a link to the product we made:
[url removed, login to view]